USOSweb & University e-mail
Every student gains access to USOS (Uniwersytecki System Obsługi Studiów -University System of Study Management): www.usosweb.uj.edu.pl
Student receives USOSweb login details upon enrolment: the password, which was the last password you used in the OAS, and which has to be changed upon signing in for the first time, and login.
USOS system serves for registration for courses, registration for exams and sending various organisational information for students. Students marks are also kept in the USOS system. In USOS you can find a list of courses for which you can register in a given academic year.
Where and how to register to a course?
- via the USOSweb, if the registration to the course is active in USOSweb in TWO OBLIGATORY steps:
- register via the USOSweb to the course (USOSweb instruction is available here)
- link the course to your study programme (Linkage instructions - two available - 1 and 2). After 22nd of October You will be automatically removed from the list of participants of the courses which will not be connected with any programme of study.
- via secretary office in the particular faculty, if the registration to the course is not active in USOSweb
Legalisation of stay in Poland
Both citizens of member states of the European Union and foreigners arriving in Poland from outside the EU have to legalise their stay Poland. Full information about the legalisation may be found on the website of the Małopolska Voivodeship Office (Małopolski Urząd Wojewódzki w Krakowie) and on the website of the Office for Foreigners (Urząd do Spraw Cudzoziemców).
International students can apply for a place in student dormitory.
Students may apply for a place in the student dormitory on website Usosweb.All students have to fill in the application. Than you should print, sign and send it to the appropriate university unit, unless you are first-year student. Cost of living in dormitory is approximately 380 PLN per person per month.
1st year international students can be awarded a place in student dormitory from a reserve pool at the disposal of the International Students Office. Students in higher years apply for a place at their Wydziałowa Komisja Ekonomiczna (Faculty Economic Commission).
- The registration for first-year students is open in following deadlines:
- I round: from 14 of June 2016 till 25 of August 2016
- II round: from 14 of September 2016 till 25 of September 2016
- After log-in in USOSweb just click: Students section > My studies > Applications > Dormitory application for year 2015-2016 (freshman-year foreigners only)
- In case on any questions, contact: email@example.com
The Guide for International Students
The Guide for International Students is a leaflet, in which the information is given in Polish (pages 3–22), English (pages 23–38) and Russian (pages 39–55) language.